Friday, September 7, 2012

Ah yes, nerding out...


Okay, I admit it. I’m a huge nerd. I love videogames and new gadget tomfoolery. Lucky for me, this is a country chock full of nerds! Literally everyone here is a nerd: my post-doc mentor, random security guard, even the grandma with the PSP on the train!

To feed this insatiable need for technology, Singapore has an annual event called the “PC Show.” At the height of nerdiness, my friend, Isham, and I went so that he could replace his desktop’s motherboard so that he could play Diablo 3.

Turns out, it wasn’t really a “show.” More like a giant sale. In fact, it makes Black Friday seem like a casual shopping experience. 

This is the crowd...
to get to this line.

As it also turns out, this tech-craze doesn’t just encompass the latest and greatest either.
Don't mind the random stranger.

POW! That’s right! They still got arcades here, straight out of the ‘90s…

No comments:

Post a Comment