April 18, 2012
"If ye are prepared ye shall not fear." - Doctrine & Covenants 38:30
Guess what?! An admissions officer from JCU came to visit us today and gave us some tips for our upcoming trip. It was actually a helpful (and brief) orientation. A few things that he told us really shocked me and are going to be difficult to adjust to:
- No hoodies allowed! So in the evenings when it gets chilly, we have to still look fancy!
- No blue jeans...black jeans are okay!
- No flip flops
- You drink water straight from local fountains that are around
because the water in all of Rome is perfect...if you know me well, I am
very picky when it comes to water! But apparently Romans have always
been geniuses and they figured out a way to engineer their watering
- Our campus is a 20-minute walk away from The Vatican.
- Our campus is located on the river, kind of like Rutgers but even closer! And the river is not smelly, like the Raritan.
- There are gelaterias on the corner of every campus!! Yummy!
- Romans love Americans so you can meet random people in cafes and have wonderful conversations :)
- He showed us what our apartments look like (and they seem gorgeous, look)!
- Ancient Rome and Its Monuments (On-site class!)*
- Midieval Rome and Its Monuments (On-site class!)
- Baroque Rome and Its Monuments (On-site class!)
- Business Communications
- Intro to Italian
- Digital Photography*
Hope you are all enjoying the end of this semester (if you're in college, that is). Good luck on finals!
- Dhara Patel