Thursday, June 14, 2012

John Cabot University

April 13, 2012

"John Cabot University is an American institution of higher education in Rome, Italy. The mission of the University is to provide an educational experience firmly rooted in the American tradition of the liberal arts and solidly international in orientation. The academic programs are designed to use to the fullest extent the special resources of a multicultural faculty, an international student body and the extraordinarily rich culture and history of Rome and the surrounding region." - JCU Website

Look at how gorgeous my host school is!



No offense Rutgers, it looks a lot more welcoming than our school, despite the clouds and all! I know I just blogged less than an hour ago, but I'm testing a few things out to make sure that there are absolutely no glitches when I'm there!

So here's what I've done so far:
  • Finished my JCU application (to be officially accepted by the school)
  • Filled out my housing application! Hopefully I'll find out who my roommates are soon
  • I officially am insured through RU and JCU for the five weeks that I'll be there, yay for safety!
  • I researched other countries that I want to go to...seems that a four day weekend trip will cost about $200 with traveling, housing and meals. That doesn't seem so terrible! I'm not made up of money, but hey if I'm going to Europe, I'm living it up!
  • I looked into an amazing volunteer opportunity in Rome where I'll be able to help local high school students practice speaking in English. Once I get more details, I will share!
  • I also made a list of things to do in the near future...and the list is too long and boring to share.
Once I know more, I'll let you know!

So long.
P.S. If you are thinking about visiting Europe, you should think about coming for the Tomatino Festival that takes place in Spain!



- Dhara Patel

1 comment:

  1. Great! I guess you'll love education in rome. That's really exciting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete