Thursday, June 14, 2012

Excited!

April 13, 2012

“Never forget that anticipation is an important part of life. Work's important, family's important, but without excitement, you have nothing. You're cheating yourself if you refuse to enjoy what's coming." - Nicholas Sparks

As I repeatedly visit my Study Abroad Home Page to look at the checklist provided and research my host country, I keep getting more and more excited! I honestly feel like I am going to burst with excitement soon. ...but that's not stopping me from working on my night off! Right now, I'm trying to set up this blog so that I can easily access it when I'm away but am having issues. But since I'm here already, I might as well leave some food for thought!

Have you ever thought about traveling to explore other lands, learn about different cultures, volunteer in other communities or for any other reasons? Have you gone yet? If yes, that's wonderful! I'd love to hear about your travels! If not, why not?! What's stopping you? Honestly, the only reason I'm actually studying abroad this summer is because I was so angry at myself for not going earlier. I have the resources (a partnership between my host school and Rutgers University) and I have the support from my family. The only thing getting in the way is me. But not anymore!

I'm ready to study at John Cabot University and live in Rome, Italy for five weeks. I cannot wait to travel to other countries in Europe while I'm there, because there's so much to learn in this world. I'm excited to leave my comfort zone and explore. Honestly, if you've always wanted to go to Europe, then come! Pick a country and we'll explore together!

Alrighty, time to figure out how to link this to the Rutgers Science Summer Abroad Web Page. Wish me luck!

So long.

Dhara Patel

No comments:

Post a Comment