Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bon voyage!

Bonjour! My name is Laura Muller, and I am going to be studying The Microbiology and Culture of Cheese and Wine in Cluny, France. I am currently wide awake even though it is pretty late at night, and I should be sleeping. I just can't contain my excitement though! I have been looking forward to this trip for over a year now, and I haven't been able to stop talking about such an exciting opportunity to my friends, family, and coworkers. I can't believe that in less than 24 hours, my dream of going on this trip will finally become a reality.

I am currently studying Food Science at Rutgers, so I had a very high interest in taking this class the moment I heard about it. I recently took a Food Microbiology course this past semester at school, and General Microbiology course the semester previous to that. Thus, I am extremely excited to experience what I have learned first hand and in such a new environment. I am also looking forward to learning even more about the process of making wine and cheese, and learning more about fermentation to make the delicious wines and cheeses we all know and love.

I'm leaving tomorrow from Newark to Paris, making a stop in Lisbon on the way there. I will then be staying in Paris for the night, and then meet my classmates and professor at the Gare de Lyon train station on Sunday--that is when class begins! I am very excited to travel, and also somewhat nervous. However, I will not let that stop me! I know this is going to be such a fabulous time, and I am going to have fun and learn so much.

I'm not sure what my friends and I are going to do when we arrive in Paris. It seems it's going to rain when we get there, so the Louvre might be a good option! But I'm sure whatever we decide to do, it will be incredible. I can't wait to see what exciting opportunities France has in store! Even though I am still very excited, sleep is overtaking my excitement (only momentarily though). So, I'm going to head off to bed to make sure to rest up well for my long awaited journey.

Á la prochaine! (Until the next time),

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Grande insight com Bon Voyage. Isso foi muito bom ouvir sobre as suas experiências. Estou ansioso para ler seu próximo post. :) Deus abençoe!

    ReplyDelete