Saturday, July 7, 2012

Week 5: All good things come to an end.

Last day of spanish class. everyone with their diploma.

Week 5: My stay in Mexico is over. I  come back home tomorrow. I have some bittersweet feelings right now. I'm happy that I am going to see my friends and family tomorrow but at the same time I am going to miss Oaxaca and the friends I made over here.
I struggled speaking Spanish on day one but today im able to hold a decent conversation in Spanish. I thank my Spanish teacher for all his help.
I am also thankful to my home stay mother for being nice and kind.
 I learned a lot of things at work about equine therapy and i thank my boss Carolina for teaching me what I've learned.
 I am glad I choose this program and I thank Rutgers and Dr. G for giving me an opportunity to be a part of this program.
Thank you to the Rutgers Summer Study Abroad Scholarship Committee, and everyone who made the scholarship possible. Without your help, I would have never been able to have this wonderful experience and share it with you all.
 Buena Suerte, cuidense y adios.
Sunjay, Brain and I with our house Mom Mercedes.
 

1 comment:

  1. Aw Mercedes, I know her! Thanks so much for sharing your experience Jai. I loved feeling the warmth of Oaxaca through reading your posts. Also, you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for taking the initiative to both participate in this program and dive into learning a second language.

    ReplyDelete