Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chao!

July 11, 2012

"Those who know nothing of foreign languages know nothing of their own." - Johann Wolfgang von Geothe

This will be the one post that I constantly keep updating because I intend to learn a lot more Italian and build my vocabulary. Anj, I've kind of being doing what you said; I'm trying to learn at least one word or phrase per day. I really want to learn more, but there isn't enough time or memory space, haha. When I had originally decided to come to Rome, I tried learning it on my own but it wasn't that easy and I honestly wasn't that motivated. Now that I'm here, I realize that I want to improve my Spanish and Hindi while learning Italian. I also want to learn other languages! They're all so beautiful and unique. Well here's my growing list:

Ciao! - Hello, goodbye (pretty much any greeting)
Buongiorno - Hello (good morning)
Buona sera - Good night
Grazie - Thank you
Prego - Your welcome, welcome (into a home or building)
Come stai? - How are you?
Quanto costa? - How much does it cost?
Conta - Check
Per favore - Please
Scusi! - Excuse me!
Permisso - Excuse me 
Come ti chiami? - What's your name?
Mi chiami Dhara - My  name is Dhara
Molto liedo - Nice to meet you
Vivo in Roma - I live in Rome
Dov e - Where is
Salute - Bless you
Come si dice - How do you say
Si - Yes
No - No <-- haha love it!
Guarda - Look
Ti amo - I love you

Working on this list! We'll see what happens :)

So long! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment