June 29, 2012So I shall add more to this blog later but I just wanted to inform you that "we" meaning Italy won the semi finals last night against Germany and wow it was ridiculous here! It was definitely a great first night in Italy because we got to see a true celebration in Rome. I have plenty of pictures and videos I will share when I get a chance...but here is a quick synopsis:
- There were thousands of people in the little square we sat at.
- Pretty much everyone was drunk.
- We won the game at 10:30 but the celebration went on way past 3am (which is when we left to get back to our apartment).
- The cops were fully guarded with shields because people kept throwing glass bottles at them.
- Hundreds and hundreds of people drove by us honking (ALL NIGHT LONG) while waving flags outside of their cars!
Side note: whoever said that being a vegetarian in Rome is easy was wrong. Well, it is difficult for me anyway. I guess I just have to stop being so picky!!
So long :)
- Dhara Patel